Hi, I’m Jenny, is a certified dog trainer. I specialize in working with fearful, anxious and aggressive dogs.
I originally studied psychology at Washington University in St. Louis. My courses revolved around behavioral learning and emotion psychology, and included four years of research in different labs. And in 2017, I decided to work professionally with dogs.
Since 2019, I’ve specialized in workings solely with reactive, fearful and aggressive dogs. I believe that managing and training these animals is critically important for their–and their peoples–quality of life and I’m honored to be a part of the team that can make that happen. I work with each dog and family to create a training plan and change plans as needed to be successful for each case.
I know choosing a trainer can be a daunting choice, especially with behavioral problems that can cause immense stress, frustration and worry. I’m happy to discuss questions and set training goals and expectations through free half hour new client interviews.
I’m committed to keeping my training methods up to date with ongoing research, and in continuing my education to learn from experts around the world.
- Fear FClick to Calm seminar with Emma Parsons (2019)
- Aggression in Dogs: Safety, Defensive Handling and Training with Michael Shikashio and Trish McMillan (2019)
- Fear Free Animal Trainer Certification Program (2021)
Credentials and Memberships
- CPDT-KA – certified profession dog trainer, knowledge assessed with Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- ADPT – professional member
- Fear Free Certified – certified as a Fear Free Animal Trainer